The war guilt clause
- Established because of the treaty of versailles
- The responsibility of WW1 was put on Germany, making them mad knowing it wasn't just because of them
- France made Germany pay war reparations, forcing them into a very weak economy
- USA wanted to keep Germany as civil trading partners so they didnt agree, France was fine with it
- Germany could not pay the war reparations so iron, coal, tin.. etc.. was taken. Reparations were later removed
The war guilt clause was to blame someone for WW1, that being Germany. The germans were forced to accept this blame due to war reparations they had to pay, leaving them angry and poor.